Intended use of ICOmed as medical device
Especially for in-vitro fertilization, the precision and reliability of the CO2 incubator are of crucial importance, as the slightest deviation in the CO2 atmosphere, temperature or humidity content during cultivation can already affect cell development. Memmert therefore subjected its CO2 incubator ICOmed to a comprehensive medical device evaluation. Every Memmert CO2 incubator ICOmed is classified as a Class IIa medical device for the in vitro fertilisation (IVF) as well as biosynthesis. Memmert is bringing medical devices of class IIa into circulation according to MDD 93/42/EEC until 26 May 2024 according to the transitional provisions by the (EU) 2017/745 article 120 (2). The CE label on the appliances includes the mark 0197, denoting TRLP – TÜV Rheinland as the notified body.
A Memmert CO2 incubator offers unique advantages
- User-friendly, intuitive operating concept
- Almost exclusive use of high-quality, corrosion-resistant and easily cleanable stainless steel for the inner chamber and housing
- Precise and homogenous temperature control thanks to a product-specific heating concept
- A wide range of options for reading the data logging using interfaces, integrated data loggers and the AtmoCONTROL software
- 3 years guarantee worldwide